For our fifth podcast GOOD PEOPLE RUN™ talk shop with the inspirational Gary Robbins about his history, passion for running, balancing family and training, ultra running, Barkley Marathons… and bears.
Gary’s journey to becoming an accomplished runner seems like many scenes from a Hollywood movie. It’s been full of heartache, struggle and of course success where he gets the girl and lives happily ever after. Bongs and pizza most likely too (no pineapple though i’m sure, so calm down).
From humble beginnings Gary has become a legend in the world of Ultra running – and not simply because of his beard. There is far more to his story than that :D
Athlete, race director, speaker, father, husband, and positive believer – check out this conversation where I talk frankly and openly with the real deal of our sport. Enjoy.
Some links to content;
- Garys website . http://garyrobbinsrun.com/
- Garys coaching and events. http://garyrobbins.ca/
- Coast Mountain Trail Series. http://www.trailseries.ca/
- Squamish 50. http://squamish50.com/
- Diezvista. http://diezvista.com/
- Redbull 400. https://www.redbull.com/ca-en/red-bull-400-returns-to-whistler-for-2016
- Social Media. https://twitter.com/gary_robbins | Instagram
- Barkley Marathons. http://barkleymarathons.com/
- Garys old school blog. http://www.gary-robbins.com/