For number two GOOD PEOPLE RUN™ talk with a new kid on the outdoor sports block – WAYWISER. WayWiser connects people with similar outdoor interests, skill levels and schedules so that you can get out, doing what you love, more often.
We talk all things trail running, business and more. We digress extensively (and use the F word a few times) and as usual the focus somewhat flutters from on topic to down right random. Enjoy!
Waywiser are currently running a Kickstarter campaign and would love your support. If you could help them achieve their goals a baby unicorn will be also homed. True story.
We talk about;
- What Waywiser is all about.
- The Waywiser crew and their skills.
- How the Waywiser web app works.
- Matching adventures to people.
- What makes their project different to other similar projects.
- Choosing ambassadors and unicorns.
- Are you a real runner if you don’t run ultras?
- Operating as a business and being genuine.
- Some of the oddities of outdoor culture/ sport in New Zealand.
- Kickstarter and financial help.
- Short and long term goals of Waywiser.
- How to get involved with the Waywiser project.
Some resources discussed;
- Waywiser. https://waywiser.co.nz/
- Waywiser App. https://app.waywiser.co.nz
- Icehouse. https://www.theicehouse.co.nz/
- Lightening Lab. http://www.lightninglab.co.nz/
- Kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/629548518/waywiser?